View Full Version : Pandora Rising! An Avatar/Dune Crossover RPG
02-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Pandora Rising! An Avatar/Dune Crossover RPG
(C)opyright 1960,2010 Ace Books and 20th Century Fox
20 years after the events at Hells Gate humanity was at the brink of extinction, RDA and its power base had been finally wiped out but at a terrible price. Earth ended up sending one last mission this time not to conquer but to plea the Navi for help as they knew the Pandoran unique ecology could be the one and only key to their survival. The Navi reluctantly agreed to help, they sent seeds of several of their plants and other materials back.
With this Humanity manages to restore the planet to a near pristine ecology once more, diplomatic relations with Pandora began in earnest and for a while the 2 worlds lived in peace. Then the Navi decide to terminate all relationships with Earth and its colonies. They abscond themselves into their world warning that no visits of any kind to their system would be tolerated.
They were not joking all ships that aproached their system ended up vaporized by some kind of organic energy weapon emplacement or emplacements. So Pandora and the Navi turn into legend and myth by the sands of time as by then humanity once again faced great peril this time at the hand of their own creation thinking machines. At first a group of dissidents turn themselves into Cyborgs called Cymeks they in turn create a super artificial intelligence called Omnious. For 900 years humanity was under the yoke of the machines until the Butlerian Jihad which lead to the destruction of all thinking machines.
After the war with the machines the creation of such thinking machines was forever forbidden. As stated in the O.C Bible. Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind.". After the government systems of old are eroded as a consequence of the war a new feudal system arises with the Padishah emperors led by the Corrino family for millennia at this point Spice replaces the mythical unobtamium as the most prized material in the known universe.
Very much like Unobtamium the Spice can only be obtained in the desert planet Arrikis orbiting the star Canopus 310 LY away from Sol. And home of the Fremen a group of humans that long ago settled on the desert planet and not only learned to survive in it but adapt to it to the point that their blood coagulates really fast to prevent the loss of moisture. Their eyes mutate by the spice turning them a deep fiery blue that seems to penetrate into your very soul. The spice itself comes from the life cycle of Dunes most amazing lifeform the Sandworms whom only the Fremen have learned to ride.
The Fremen suffered under the joke of the empire the different housesm the spacing guild and the Bene Gesserit order up till Paul Atredes rose to become theur Mesiah and deposed the Padishah emperor and the old order. The order of the God emperor arose in its place up till his son Leto II followed the golden path which averted humanitys extinction once more. Our story takes place 4 centuries after Letos passing. The sandworms which had been brought to extinction are back producing a new cycle of spice for the known universe is at this point that the Navi re-emerge from their self imposed quarantine from the rest of the known universe.
02-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Common words used in the RPG along with Na'vi words off course...
* Aba – A loose, usually black robe worn by Fremen women and Bene Gesserit sisters.
* Abomination – Bene Gesserit term for one who is pre-born and thus susceptible to being taken over by the ancestral personalities in Other Memory.
* Ajidamal (or Amal) – Disastrously-flawed synthetic melange created by the Tleilaxu Project Amal before the process of producing spice in axlotl tanks is perfected.
* Akarso – "Plant native to Sikun (of 70 Ophiuchi A) characterized by almost oblong leaves. Its green and white stripes indicate the constant multiple, condition of parallel active and dormant chlorophyll regions."
* Al-Lat – "Mankind's original sun; by usage: any planet's primary."
* Ampoliros – "Legendary 'Flying Dutchman' of space;" Lady Jessica refers to the pre-Guild legend in Dune: "Like the men of the lost star-searcher, Ampoliros – sick at their guns – forever seeking, forever prepared and forever unready."
* Amtal (or Amtal Rule) – "Common rule on primitive worlds under which something is tested to determine its limits or defects. Commonly: testing to destruction." "To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will true nature be seen. – The Amtal Rule."
* Arafel — The "cloud-darkness of holy judgment" or "cloud darkness at the end of the universe;" the destruction of the mankind averted by Leto II's Golden Path.
* Axlotl tank – Biological tank in which gholas and melange may be produced.
* Assassin's Handbook – "Third-century compilation of poisons commonly used in a War of Assassins. Later expanded to include those deadly devices permitted under the Guild Peace and Great Convention."
* Ayat – "The signs of life. (See Burhan.)"
* Baliset – "Nine-stringed musical instrument, lineal descendant of the zithra, tuned to the Chusuk scale and played by strumming. Favorite instrument of Imperial troubadours." Gurney Halleck is a master playing the baliset in the series. In David Lynch's 1984 adaptation of Dune, a cosmetically altered Chapman Stick was used to portray the instrument.
* Baraka – "A living holy man of magical powers."
* Bashar – Military rank, slightly above a traditional Colonel and primarily used for military leader of a planetary subdistrict; alternately, Colonel Bashar, or Supreme Bashar for a military's most senior commander.
* Bene Gesserit – Secretive and powerful matriarchal order whose members possess extraordinary physical and mental powers.
* Bene Tleilax (or Tleilaxu) – Secretive and powerful patriarchal race known for their genetic manipulation technologies.
* Bi-la kaifa – A Fremen religious phrase meaning "Amen," which translates literally to "Nothing further need be explained."
* Burhan "The proofs of life. (Commonly: the ayat and burhan of life. See Ayat.)"
* Burseg – Military general.
* Butlerian Jihad – Mankind's "crusade against computers, thinking machines, and conscious robots."
02-18-2010, 11:17 PM
* Caid "Sardaukar officer rank given to a military official whose duties call mostly for dealings with civilians; A military governorship over a full planetary district; Above the rank of Bashar but not equal to a Burseg."
* Carryall Aircraft used on Arrakis to "transport large spice mining, hunting and refining equipment."
* Chakobsa Language of the Fremen of Arrakis.
* Chaumas "Poison in solid food as distinguished from poison administered in some other way."
* Chaumurky "Poison administered in a drink."
* CHOAM (Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles) the "universal development corporation controlled by the Emperor and Great Houses with the Guild and Bene Gesserit as silent partners." This corporation essentially controls the economy of the known universe, with shares and directorships determining each House's income and financial leverage.
* Cogitor One of several ancient philosophers whose brains are transplanted into fluid-filled canisters so that they can analyze the universe indefinitely.
* Coriolis storm Sandstorms on Arrakis in which "winds across the open flatlands are amplified by the planet's own revolutionary motion to reach speeds up to 700 kilometres per hour."
* Crysknife Weapon made from the tooth of a sandworm from Arrakis.
* Cutterray "Short-range version of a lasgun used mostly as a cutting tool and surgeon's scalpel."
* Cymek Type of cyborg; specifically, a human brain implanted into a large, weaponized machine body.
* D-wolves Guardians of the Sareer on Arrakis in the time of Leto Atreides II; ferocious wolves with Gaze Hounds in the ancestry, "noted for their keen eyesight."
* Deathstill Fremen device used to extract all moisture from a living or dead human or creature. This is usually done to reclaim precious water, but in Children of Dune the device is used as a method of execution.
* Distrans Steganographic device producing a "temporary neural imprint on the nervous system of Chiroptera (bats) or birds. The creature's normal cry then carries the message imprint which can be sorted from that carrier wave by another distrans."
* Elacca drug Narcotic produced from the "blood-grained" elacca wood of Ecaz; users' skin shows a characteristic carrot color. The drug's effect is to remove most of the will to self-preservation; commonly used to prepare slave gladiators for the ring.
* Face Dancers Creatures created by the Bene Tleilax that are able to mimic other humans exactly and go undetected by all known means, except by Bene Gesserit Truthsayers.
* Famine Times Years after the reign of Leto II, marked by chaos and famine on many worlds, that led to The Scattering.
* Faufreluches "The rigid rule of class distinction enforced by the Imperium. 'A place for every man and every man in his place.'"
* Fedaykin "Fremen death commandos; historically: a group formed and pledged to give their lives to right a wrong." Personally trained by, and fiercely loyal to, Paul Atreides.
* Fish Speakers All-female military force created by Leto Atreides II to enforce his rule over the known universe.
* Fogwood Wood native to Ecaz, capable of being shaped by thought alone.
* Fremen "Native" inhabitants of Arrakis.
* Fremkit Fremen desert survival kit. Notable contents include an inflatable stilltent, a sand snorkel, a thumper, and maker hooks.
* Futar Primitive and fierce humanoid creatures, a genetic mix of man and cat, artificially created out in the Scattering to hunt Honored Matres.
* Galach Universal language of the Dune universe.
* Ghola A type of Clone grown in an axlotl tank from genetic material retrieved from the cells of a deceased subject.
* Glowglobe "Suspensor-buoyed illuminating device, self-powered (usually by organic batteries)."
* Golden Path Leto II's strategy to prevent humanity's destruction.
* Gom jabbar "Specific poison needle tipped with meta-cyanide used by Bene Gesserit Proctors in their death-alternative test of human awareness."
* Great Convention "Universal truce enforced under the power balance maintained by the Guild, the Great Houses, and the Imperium. Its chief rule prohibits the use of atomic weapons against human targets."
* Guild Navigator Melange-mutated humans able to safely navigate interstellar space (using prescience) in ships called Heighliners.
02-18-2010, 11:20 PM
* Handlers Humanoid race who bred and trained Futars to hunt Honored Matres.
* Harvester (also Harvester Factory or Crawler) "Large (often 120 metres by 40 metres) spice mining machine ... [with a] buglike body on independent tracks."
* Heighliner Enormous carrier spaceships used by the Spacing Guild for interstellar travel.
* High Council "The Landsraad inner circle empowered to act as supreme tribunal in House to House disputes."
* Holtzman effect Scientific phenomenon that makes (among other things) instantaneous space travel and defensive force shields possible.
* Honored Matres Violent matriarchal order formed in The Scattering.
* Hunter-seeker "Ravening sliver of suspensor-buoyed metal guided as a weapon by a nearby control console; common assassination device." Floating in mid-air, it kills by entering the body and following nerve pathways to vital organs. A hunter-seeker is employed in Dune in an assassination attempt on Paul Atreides.
* Inkvine "Creeping plant native to Giedi Prime and frequently used as a whip in its slave pens. Victims are marked by beet-colored tattoos that cause residual pain for many years."
* Ixian Probe Device used to capture the thoughts of a person (living or dead) for analysis; can be blocked by the substance shere.
* Jihad, Butlerian Mankind's "crusade against computers, thinking machines, and conscious robots."
* Judge of the Change "An official appointed by the Landsraad High Council and the Emperor to monitor a change of fief, a kanly negotiation, or formal battle in a War of Assassins. The Judge's arbitral authority may be challenged only before the High Council with the Emperor present."
* Kanly "Formal feud or vendetta under the rules of the Great Convention carried on according to the strictest limitations."
* Kralizec Long-foretold "Typhoon Struggle" or final "battle at the end of the universe."
* Krimskell fiber/Krimskell rope "The 'claw fiber' woven from strands of the hufuf vine from Ecaz. Knots tied in krimskell will claw tighter and tighter to preset limits when the knot-lines are pulled."
* Kwisatz Haderach Bene Gesserit label applied to "the unknown for which they sought a genetic solution: a male Bene Gesserit whose organic mental powers would bridge space and time."
* Landsraad The Assembly of all nobles in the Imperium.
* Lasgun Handheld energy weapon, technically a "continuous-wave laser projector;" also lasegun.
* Laza tiger A breed of tiger brought to Salusa Secundus "almost eight thousand years" before the events of Children of Dune. "Genetic manipulation of the ancient Terran stock had erased some of the original tiger features and refined other elements. The fangs remained long. Their faces were wide, eyes alert and intelligent. The paws were enlarged to give them support on uneven terrain and their sheathed claws could extend some ten centimeters, sharpened at the ends into razor tips by abrasive compression of the sheath. Their coats were a flat and even tan which made them almost invisible against sand."
* Little Maker The "half-plant-half-animal deep-sand vector of the Arrakis sandworm," whose "excretions form the pre-spice mass."
* Lost Tleilaxu Offshoot race of the Bene Tleilax, formed in The Scattering.
* Levenbrech A military rank that is roughly in between a sergeant and a lieutenant.
02-18-2010, 11:21 PM
* Mahdi "In the Fremen messianic legend, 'The One Who Will Lead Us to Paradise;'" applied to Paul Atreides by the Fremen when they have determined that he is their prophesied messiah.
* Maker hooks "The hooks used for capturing, mounting, and steering a sandworm of Arrakis."
* Maula pistol "Spring-loaded gun for firing poison darts; range about 40 metres."
* Melange Highly-addictive drug essential to space travel, extended life, and therefore to the survival of the universe.
* Mentat Individuals trained as "human computers," their minds developed to staggering heights of cognitive and analytical ability.
* Missionaria Protectiva An arm of the Bene Gesserit charged with spreading contrived myths, prophecies and superstition on primitive worlds so that the Bene Gesserit may later exploit those regions.
* Muad'Dib "The adapted kangaroo mouse of Arrakis, a creature associated in the Fremen earth-spirit mythology with a design visible on the planet's second moon. This creature is admired by Fremen for its ability to survive in the open desert." Muad'Dib is also the Fremen name taken by Paul Atreides.
* Muadru Ancient religion predating the Old Empire before the Time of the Titans.
* na-Baron Noble title given to a Baron's heir-apparent.
* No-chamber Construct that hides anything inside from prescient and ocular vision, as well as other methods of detection.
* No-ship No-chamber in spaceship form, with enough limited prescience to be capable of interstellar travel without a Guild Navigator.
* Nullentropy Technology akin to the science fiction concept of stasis, in which the natural processes of time, such as decomposition, are ceased. In this way, matter such as human cells may be stored for millennia and remain undamaged.
* Obliterators Weapons of mass destruction stolen by Honored Matres from their "outside enemy;" they combust the atmosphere of a planet and subsequently its surface.
* Other Memory The combined ego and memories of all female ancestors, which a Bene Gesserit may be trained to access.
* Ornithopter (or 'Thopter) "Aircraft capable of sustained wing-beat flight in the manner of birds;" one of the primary modes of transportation on the desert planet Arrakis.
* Palm lock "Lock or seal which can be opened only by contact with the palm of the human hand to which it has been keyed."
* Phibian Primitive and amphibious humanoid creatures, a genetic mix of man and fish.
* Plasteel Extremely tough form of steel, "stabilized with stravidium fibers grown into its crystal structure."
* Plaz (or windowplaz) Synthetic glass, used for windows (especially in aircraft and spaceships) due to its superior strength.
* Poison snooper "Radiation analyzer within the olfactory spectrum and keyed to detect poisonous substances."
* Powindah Tleilaxu term for all outsiders, whom they consider "unclean" sinners and heretics.
* Prana-bindu Training providing a Bene Gesserit with complete muscle control (Prana nervature relates to nervous system control).
* Pre-spice mass The "stage of fungusoid wild growth achieved when water is flooded into the excretions of Little Makers. At this stage, the spice of Arrakis forms a characteristic 'blow,' exchanging the material from deep underground for the matter on the surface above it. This mass, after exposure to sun and air, becomes melange."
* Probe, Ixian Device used to capture the thoughts of a person (living or dead) for analysis; can be blocked by the substance shere.
* Probe, T Device used to capture the thoughts of a person (living or dead) for analysis; unlike an Ixian Probe, it cannot be blocked by the substance shere.
* Pundi rice "A mutated rice whose grains, high in natural sugar, achieve lengths up to four centimeters; chief export of Caladan."
02-18-2010, 11:21 PM
* Qanat "Open canal for carrying irrigation water under controlled conditions through a desert."
* Residual poison "Innovation attributed to the Mentat Piter De Vries whereby the body is impregnated with a substance for which repeated antidotes must be administered; withdrawal of the antidote at any time brings death."
* Reverend Mother Bene Gesserit who has survived a ritual wherein she consciously transforms a toxic dose of melange into a non-poisonous substance at the molecular level, thereby raising herself to a higher level of awareness and enabling her to access Other Memory.
* Salusan bull Fierce and very aggressive creature with compound eyes and multiple horns, used in bullfighting on Caladan and originating from Salusa Secundus.
* Sandworm Giant sand-dwelling creatures native to Arrakis. Called Shai-Hulud by the Fremen and worshipped as deities.
* Sapho "High-energy liquid extracted from barrier roots of Ecaz. Commonly used by Mentats who claim it amplifies mental powers. Users develop deep ruby stains on mouth and lips."
* Sardaukar Ferocious "soldier-fanatics" of the Padishah Emperor, later disbanded by Leto II.
* Sareer Last desert of Arrakis in the time of Leto Atreides II, location of his Citadel; guarded by D-wolves.
* Sayyadina Among the Fremen, the Sayyadina ("Friend of God" in Chakobsa) is a priestess who has not yet passed within to become a Reverend Mother. When a Sayyadina undergoes the spice agony, another is then consecrated into the Sayyadina to continue the line of succession.
* Scattering, The Event after the reign of Leto II in which billions of people left the settled worlds of the Old Empire, striking off into unknown space.
* Selamlik "Imperial audience chamber."
* Semuta "Second narcotic derivative (by crystal extraction) from the burned residue of elacca wood [from Ecaz]. The effect (described as timeless, sustained ecstasy) is elicited by certain atonal vibrations referred to as semuta music."
* Shai-Hulud Fremen name for the sandworms of Arrakis.
* Shere Significant presence of this substance in the body will block the use of an Ixian Probe.
* Shigawire "Metallic extrusion of a ground vine (Narvi narviium) grown only on Salusa Secundus and III Delta Kaising. It is noted for extreme tensile strength" and used as a recording medium (among other things).
* Sietch Cave warren inhabited by a Fremen tribal community; in the Fremen language, "Place of assembly in time of danger."
* Sietch orgy (or sietch tau orgy) Fremen ritual of unrestrained sexual indulgence which takes place after a Reverend Mother shares the changed Water of Life with her community.
* Siridar A planetary governor.
* Slig Livestock animal, hybrid of a large slug and a pig, considered a delicacy.
* Snooper, Poison "Radiation analyzer within the olfactory spectrum and keyed to detect poisonous substances."
* Solido "Three-dimensional image from a solido projector using 360-degree reference signals imprinted on a shigawire reel."
* Soostone Valuable iridescent gem produced on Buzzell by the abraded carapaces of monoped sea creatures called Cholisters, much in the manner of pearls.
* Spacing Guild Powerful organization with a monopoly on space travel and transport due to their Navigators.
* Spice agony Fremen version of the ritual used by the Bene Gesserit to create Reverend Mothers, using the Water of Life instead of melange.
* Steersman Title given to Guild Navigators.
* Stillsuit "Body-enclosing garment" of Fremen design which performs the "functions of heat dissipation and filtering bodily wastes," as well as retaining and reclaiming moisture.
* Stilltent "Small, scalable enclosure of micro-sandwich fabric designed to reclaim as potable water the ambient moisture discharged within it by the breath of its occupants."
* Stone burner Atomic weapon, the explosion and radiation of which can be precisely adjusted depending on the desired effect. Stone burners emit "J-Rays," a form of radiation that has an affinity for destroying the eyes of anyone surviving the initial radiation blast.
* Suk School Medical school whose Imperial Conditioning is the highest conditioning against taking human life; initiates are marked by a diamond tattoo on the forehead and wear a silver Suk ring in their hair.
* Suspensor Any of a number of 'hovering' devices which utilize the "secondary (low-drain) phase of a Holtzman field generator" to nullify gravity "within certain limits prescribed by relative mass and energy consumption."
02-18-2010, 11:22 PM
* T-Probe Device used to capture the thoughts of a person (living or dead) for analysis; unlike an Ixian Probe, it cannot be blocked by the substance shere.
* Tachyon net (or tachyon web) Technology (involving faster-than-light tachyon particles) used by Daniel and Marty in their attempt to track and capture the no-ship Ithaca.
* Thinking machines Intelligent and sentient machines, created by humans, who enslaved much of humanity and eventually incited the Butlerian Jihad.
* 'Thopter (Ornithopter) "Aircraft capable of sustained wing-beat flight in the manner of birds."
* Thorse A six-legged pack animal bred for its stability.
* Thumper "Short stake with a spring-driven clapper at one end", placed in the sand to 'call' sandworms.
* Titan One of several ancient dictators whose brains were transplanted into fearsome, weaponized machine bodies to achieve immortality.
* Tleilaxu (or Bene Tleilax) Secretive and powerful patriarchal race known for their genetic manipulation technologies.
* Truthsayer Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother trained to "detect insincerity or falsehood."
* Umma "One of the brotherhood of prophets; a term of scorn in the Imperium, meaning any 'wild' person given to fanatical prediction."
* Usul Fremen word, meaning "The base of the pillar;" secret "sietch name" (known only to his tribe) given to Paul Atreides upon his joining the Fremen.
* Verite Will-destroying narcotic from Ecaz that "renders a person incapable of falsehood."
* Voice Training that allows the Bene Gesserit "to control others merely by selected tone shadings of the voice."
* War of Assassins Regulated form of warfare between noble houses, intended to "reduce involvement of innocent bystanders." The rules require "formal declarations of intent and restrict permissible weapons."
* Water of Life Toxic liquid exhalation of a drowning sandworm, used by Fremen Reverend Mothers in the spice agony.
* Weirding way Specialized martial art component of Bene Gesserit prana-bindu.
* Whale fur - Valuable commodity noted to be the original source of House Harkonnen's wealth. Princess Irulan is described wearing whale fur multiple times, including during her meeting with her fellow conspirators in Dune Messiah. The Prelude to Dune prequel series establishes it to be the fur of the Bjondax whales of Lankiveil, a planet controlled by the Harkonnens.
* Windowplaz (or simply plaz) Synthetic glass, used for windows (especially in aircraft and spaceships) due to its superior strength.
* Yali "A Fremen's personal quarters within the sietch."
* Zensunni Ancient religious sect, ancestors of the Fremen. (See also Zen Buddhism and Sunni Islam.)
02-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Central Characters in the RPG:
Ghanima the third: Empress of the known universe at the time the story takes place.
Zovak Gali: Navi ambassador
Chani the 6th Gahnimas dissident sister, she left the plush royal life to return to the ways of the Fremen and now lives with the north desert Sietch.
Duke Iblis Harkonnen: Last decendant of the Harkonnen house and main antagonist in this RPG:
Maddame Zephilam: Current Reverend Mother of the Bene Gesserit.
The rest of the characters can be your own creation they have off course to be Fremen, Navi or Allies of the Harkonnen-Benne Gesserit Spacing guild alliance.
After millennia as their suns are finally dying the Navi decide to break out of their millennia long quarantine to establish relations with the capital world of the known universe Arrakis in order to procure Spice in quantities large enough to move Pandora into orbit around another gas Giant in another star system. In exchange they will begin to export some of the mythical unobtanium but they will do on their own, their own way and will not allow any mining of their world under any circumstances. The Harkonnen and their allies the Spacing Guild, The Bene Gesserit order etc. Learn of this new alliance and seeing how this new players could put a monkey wrench into their plans of regaining control will attempt to cause an accident that will result in the destruction of the Navi homeworld as is being moved to its new location or so they think
02-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Pandora Rising (RP) Official Start...
Arrakim Imperial palace
Empress Ghanima the third paced around the royal chamber not believing what her court was telling her. Are you certain, they said they were the Navi and that they are on their way to Arrakis? One member of the court responded We are pretty certain your majesty, the message was sent both in the Fremen language and their own language from what we can gather from our records.
Hours latter a giant bioorganic vessel a kind not seen in ages appear in orbit over Arrikis The Navi had arrived.
"Your majesty the ship is sending a signal if they are to be allowed to enter the planet's atmosphere and hover over the Capital to officially meet with your highness." an officer relaid to the Empress and the rest of the imperial court. Ghanima faced the most daunting decision in her life. "Allow them too" she ordered.
Du'kat her personal mentat complained "Your majesty we haven't had contact with this Aliens for millenia it is not wise to just let them hover over Arrakim, we should tell them to stay in orbit and send a shuttle to retrieve anybody they wish to send down."
"This Aliens have kept the rest of the known universe at bay from their home system for millenia Du'kat if they intended any harm they would have done so by now, they are to be allowed safe passage into our atmosphere and to hover over Arrakim and that's final!"
A few minutes latter the huge Na'vi Bio Organical ship descends gracefully into the atmosphere and makes it's way to the planet's capital of Arrakim, there people watch in awe on the streets below at the huge living ship hovering over their heads.
Another message from the ship was received "Your highness they say the Ambassador is ready to disembark and meet you in the palace's landing pad."
"What arrogance! Who do they think they are to dictate to the Empress where to meet them!" Du'kat replied furiosly.
"At ease Du'kat for now we play along" Empress Ghanina replied.
Ghanima and the rest of the imperial court went to the landing pad to await the arrival of the Na'vi ambassador. A moment latter some kind of huge porthole opens in the bio-skin of the organic vessel hovering above their heads and a huge winged creature dives out of it, most of the court retreated at the sigh of the winged creature diving for the platform but Ghanina and Du'kat stood their ground. The winged creature halted it's dive when it was scarcely 20 feet above the landing pad and then gracefully landed, it was being ridden by single Na'vi who quickly dismounted.
The Na'vi surprisingly spoke in fluent Fremen language as he addressed those present. "Empress Ghanima I presume, my name is Zovak Gali official ambassador of the free Republic of Pandora at your service" he bowed down respectfully.
Zo'vak then aproached the winged creature he dismounted looking at the rest of the royal court who had moved away he smiled "Don't worry my Toruk is no more dangerous than the Shai-Huluds you yourselves ride here or have you all become soft and forgotten your Fremen ways?"
"What do you know of the Shai-Hulud?" Du'kat asked.
"I know I'd love to tame and ride one myself if anything to prove myself to your people"
Ghanima was impressed "You want to ride a Sandworm?"
"As I said as is custom among your people or was, I hope you have not all become soft have you?"
"We have not forgotten our ways, some of us have but a lot of us stick to the old ways Zo'vak, iof you want to prove yourself so be it! Let him have what he needs." Ghanima replied she was in awe of the giant blue warrior that stood before her challenging that he could tame and ride a Sandworm. She was eager to see him try.
Du'kat still anoyyed at the Na'vi's arrogance and confidence spat "When this is over and the Shai-Hulud finishes you off I shall take your water!"
"In your dreams, fremen, in your dreams!" Zo'vak sneered. as he was led to cargo shuttle to be taken to the deep desert to meet his own challenge.